We expect arrangements in 2020 will be similar to last time. These were:
- Arrive any time between 12 and 5 p.m. There’s plenty of parking space
- Set off on your walk at your own pace. The route of about 1¼ miles is through rolling Berkshire countryside and woodland and will be clearly marked.
- There will be a route for child buggies and robust mobility scooters
- Children are welcome, and well-behaved dogs too.
- The route passes through woodland which is carpeted with bluebells in spring. They should be at their best around the time of the walk.
- There’s a teddy bear hunt for the children………..
- Fortify yourself half way round the walk with a burger or hot dog and a pint at the bar set up by the Queens Arms‘
- And there will be an ice cream van there too
- Transport can be arranged from Fairchilds Farm to the bluebell wood for anyone unable to walk. Please ask.
- After the walk enjoy tea with cakes from the stall in the farm buildings
- Adult walkers £5. No entry fee for children. A charge will be made for the BBQ, tea and refreshments with proceeds going to the charities.